ROOM PARENT MEETINGS
Tuesday, September 10 at 9 am Room 48 (4th grade wing)
Thursday, February 20 at 9 am Room 48 (4th grade wing)
ROOM PARENT RESPONSIBILITIES
Thank you for volunteering your time to serve as a Room Parent for your child’s class! It’s both fun and rewarding. And is something your kid’s will be excited about and proud of. A Room Parent is a very important part of our Abby community and provides volunteer services to a teacher’s classroom and the ARES PTA. A Room Parent should enlist the help of other parents and is able to delegate these responsibilities. The teacher will inform you of their specific needs and determine exactly what type of assistance is needed.
Typically, Room Parents help coordinate class parties and special events. When the class has an upcoming outing event such as a field trip, you will be given the opportunity to help chaperon your child’s trip. While a Room Parent’s main responsibility is to the teacher and class, the PTA does ask for your help to further communicate with the parents throughout the year. It’s the Room Parent’s responsibility to communicate with the classroom parents and keep them well informed. A successful way to achieve said communication is through the Shutterfly site, or through the app Remind.
Every child’s family should be given the opportunity to contribute by simply being involved in their child’s classroom festivities and schools’ events.
GETTING STARTED CHECKLIST
RESPONSIBILITIES WITH THE TEACHER
RESPONSIBILITIES WITH THE PTA
- Check www.arespta.org often to stay current on important dates.
- Help your teacher in making sure that your room gets to 100% PTA Membership!
- Support school-wide events. The key area that your support will be needed is:
- Teacher Appreciation Week
- In recent years we have been celebrating our teachers and staff in May. As room parent you will help coordinate your class celebration.
- Decorate Teachers Door— The door typically is decorated the Friday prior “Teacher Appreciation Week”. Please feel free to ask other parents to help decorate the door if crafting is not your forte. In most cases another parent will love to volunteer and decorate your teacher’s door. The kids love seeing the decorations and involving the students makes them so proud to have helped. The February Room Parent Meeting will cover the details of decorating the door and please invite the parent making the door, so they get all the information firsthand.
- Teacher Appreciation Daily Events— You will coordinate the daily events for your classroom. The PTA Room Parent Coordinator will have a loose list of daily activities/events that can help you plan. Please don’t think you have to do difficult or time-consuming events/plans. The kids loved being involved so just consider including the students. Again, the February Room Parent Meeting will cover details about this week.
- Teacher Appreciation Week
- *Quick side note*- There will be some “PTA Events” throughout the school year that will seek the help with volunteering, it’s not mandatory to assist, but it’s extremely helpful and ensures a successfully smooth outcome of the event.
THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO!!
Please do not hesitate to contact our Room Parent Coordinator with any questions or comments: